Chrome 15 Released, Packs $27,000 Worth of Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
And now Chrome is marketing on the number of changes made. This reminds me of the Dilbert strip where Dilbert has to sell a product as having 20,000 lines of code, because it was the only thing positive they could say about it.

I'm not saying this is the case with Chrome, but the comparison is amusing. =]

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I put chrome on computers I build for people, but use firefox on my own. I really do like chrome and may switch as long as I don't get any plug-in crashes like a while ago :( It's cool google pays regular people to find bugs for them. I am sure having an in-house team do it on regular time keeps down most flaws, but having a rewards system for hackers and programmers to find security flaws is a smart idea in my opinion.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]ivyanev[/nom]Opera's slow release cycle is really fitting my needs.Every time I use some other browser it is updating.[/citation]
google's update process is invisible and seamless. so stfu.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]slicedtoad[/nom]google's update process is invisible and seamless. so stfu.[/citation]
How can an update be invisible if it changes the appearance and functionality of the browser? Seamless, perhaps (depending on what you define as "seamless"), but it's not really any different to Firefox with auto-update enabled as it is by default.

Opera's updates pretty much have to be slow though. Unlike every other browser, Opera innovates and makes major changes with each new release. Many features in Chrome and Firefox are cloned Opera features. I still prefer Firefox myself, but I'm a man of habit :)

shoelessinsight

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
I don't like that recently closed tabs are an extra click away. I hope they line those back up along the bottom in a future release like they had before.

Status
Not open for further replies.