[SOLVED] Chrome browser scrollbar glitching out when closing / changing tabs?

Mar 13, 2020
I have recently noticed that I have an issue with Chrome's scrollbar "glitching out" when I close or change tabs. This does not always happen, but occurs from time to time.

When I hover over it, it goes away. Sometimes it also only appears for 0.5 seconds when closing a tab.

RLSDYaK.jpg

Does anybody know what might be causing this?
I'm running the 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) version.

Solution
Next step would be to reinstall GPU drivers.

Manually download via the GPU manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

You could also try running Windows' built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

A similar option is to run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt.

Overall premise for the above suggestions is that the issue is software and not hardware.

I.e., Chrome and Windows not playing well together for some reason.

Are you able to trace back and note some update or configuration change that initiated the problem?

Ralston18

Titan

Manually download via the GPU manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

You could also try running Windows' built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Overall premise for the above suggestions is that the issue is software and not hardware.

Are you able to trace back and note some update or configuration change that initiated the problem?

Solution
Mar 13, 2020

I'll definitely try your suggestions, thank you!

But to answer your question ahead of time, sadly nothing I can directly pin point since I almost completely upgraded my computer in May ( with the sole exception of my CPU ) so if it is based on hardware, it would be quite difficult to pin point. I do not get any graphical errors like this in any other program or games, though — so that would be an oddly specific problem.

Ralston18

Titan
With the problem being limited to Chrome then unlikely to be hardware related.

After thought:

Take a look at what all is running in the background. Some other app/utility could be interfering/conflicting with Chrome.

Check Task Manager and the Startup tab.

TRENDING THREADS