Question chrome cast

May 4, 2019
i need this chrome cast i use running 24/7 and after 2-3 days the sound blanks out i disconnect the pc and reconnect it works for about a minute then stops the chrome cast is at around 10c if i wait for it to hit idle temps and try the problum is gone

May 4, 2019
Can you locate whether the problem is with the ChromeCast, or computer? You may also try another power supply for the 'cast.
its belive its the cast and i do use a 3 amp addapter instead of the included 2 amp one same problum hapens with it i think its possibly overheating since both my reg one and ultra does it

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Depending on exactly what it is you're casting, you might be better off considering going with a compute stick which can stream content on its own.

I just set this up for a client that needs to be streaming content 24/7 and it removes the dependency on having "middle man" computer that's the relay for the content.

I have found Chromecast to be very useful at home, but prone to all sorts of "burps" as well.

May 4, 2019
Depending on exactly what it is you're casting, you might be better off considering going with a compute stick which can stream content on its own.

I just set this up for a client that needs to be streaming content 24/7 and it removes the dependency on having "middle man" computer that's the relay for the content.

I have found Chromecast to be very useful at home, but prone to all sorts of "burps" as well.
its not a option i use them for yt and replaceing all 4 would be around 1000 usd
do you thing a rpi would work