[SOLVED] Chrome Dropdown menu CSS wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2022
A user was complaining about dropdown menus and text fields being greyed out in Google Chrome. Text fields still display text but it is hard to read (grey on grey). I thought it might be a problem with our internal website but on another computer the drop downs and text boxes are all as they should be. I am inexperienced with HTML and CSS and do not even know where to begin looking to solve this issue.

I have tried restarting the computer, restarting Chrome, reinstalling chrome, changing chrome theme colors, and changing windows theme colors.
Link to the screenshots of both computers on the same website.

Solution
If the user hasn't enabled any custom Windows theme then it's obviously something on that specific machine. If this is a business environment this is a "nuke and pave" and don't worry about the why unless it recurs.
Jan 21, 2022
Agreed, I don't see anything wrong with the page itself. Looks like this particular user has enabled a dark theme.
The screenshot was from a fresh install of Chrome and the "theme" was set to Default colors. they use the default white windows 11 theme for the OS. The calendar icon is also missing in the calendar field but can still be clicked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.