[SOLVED] Chrome High CPU Use

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Hi there,
i am having issue with google chrome that it is using almost 60-70% CPU continuously. first i though that chrome is doing some kind of work or updates and i left it for 30 min but still it is running. My chrome is up to date. here is task manager screenshot.
Ao2napt.png

And why there is so many chrome?is it virus?
i have already tried re-installing chrome

Chrome is funny about showing tasks. I have 10 tasks started & shown on the menu bar, but when I look in Task Manager, I see 27 tasks listed. But it's working OK for me - not hogging the CPU. You could open Resource Manager (link in lower left corner of Task Manager) and see more about what's going on. You might also want to check and see if you've got an extension installed that's causing the problem.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Chrome is funny about showing tasks. I have 10 tasks started & shown on the menu bar, but when I look in Task Manager, I see 27 tasks listed. But it's working OK for me - not hogging the CPU. You could open Resource Manager (link in lower left corner of Task Manager) and see more about what's going on. You might also want to check and see if you've got an extension installed that's causing the problem.
Same here also
Screenshot-2020-09-15-133007.png

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
If you don't have chrome open and it using resource. and you did malware scan and nothing?
what anti malware software are you using?
might want to do a fresh os install.
I have done malware scan using Quick heal and Windows defender.
All ready tried re installing chrome and also tried cleaning all its user data.
This issue starts after I turn on PC or reboot.
And when I uninstalled chrome I don't see chrome (or may be malware) using CPU.

Forget to tell - I am running on Windows 10 Pro Insider version.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I was going to show link to Chrome task manager but I see the behaviour has moved
Chrome task manager

try something a bit stronger like Malwarebytes and/or Bit defender free - I would run both to be on safe side. They look for different things.
Done malware scan and found 6 virus. Fixed all of them and now all is perfect ☺. My issue seems to be fixed. The reason is malware. Thanks man! You saved lots of time and effort.