Chrome & IE Error: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET "Please Help"

Zevek

Reputable
Dec 17, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble connecting to websites such as : Steampowered.com as well as a few other sites I used to routinely use.

Everything was working okay but my PC was starting to get slower and slower so I Factory reset it, with no problems. I then Installed & Updated everything that night. The next day I went to get onto the Steam Application to reload my games but the App wouldn't connect. Tried logging on Chrome but all i get is a sad little piece of paper and an Error saying
" ERR_CONNECTION_RESET "

Now several websites don't work and I'm confused as to what happened. I can get to many websites including this one, but the ones i want to use or get onto wont work at all.

Then I thought i figured it out today. I unplugged my Ethernet cable from the router and into the Modem. Everything works perfectly. HURRAY! right?... short lived. I purchased a new router thinking this is all i need. NOPE... same messages ERR_CONNECTION_RESET... I don't know if it was me or if something happened coincidentally, but I'm frustrated and now i'm asking for help from whomever will.

Thank you...

Nov 14, 2015
I don't know the solution but try booting your pc with safe mode and networking. it should allow you to go back on them but while your on safe mode with networking try update drivers and stuff. I hope you can fix it.