Chrome keeps opening skype webpage

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Yesterday I had to install Skype for a conference call on my home computer. I tried using the browser client from skype.com, it wasn't compatible with the business version the other people were using, then downloaded the full app from the same location. When the call ended, I went into my programs and uninstalled skype.

Now, I'm randomly having chrome open up a tab now and again for skype. The web address is:

https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/?intsrc=client-_-windows-_-7.40-_-abandoninstall

Can anyone help me fix this? I ran a malware bytes scan and it came back clean, but this is still frustrating.

rnscrn

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Update for today: It seems to be happening more. It seems to be whenever I either open chrome for the first time, click a link to a new tab, or try and pop something out. I've ran my malware bytes and it's come up empty. I've cleared my cache and cookies for chrome. No idea whats going on.

emeonbest

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018

Ok, so my pc had a timed task in task scheduler. ''SkypeSetup'' created it. Delete that and it should stop.

Hope this helps :)