[SOLVED] Chrome or Safari?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Safari for everything. Chrome only when I need to view Flash content (aka almost never).

The CPU usage and GPU usage of Safari is super low. It's blazingly fast and buttery smooth. It supports native touchpad gestures. It's a joy to pinch with two fingers to see previews of all open tabs grouped by site.

tubagznyven

Distinguished
Safari for everything. Chrome only when I need to view Flash content (aka almost never).

The CPU usage and GPU usage of Safari is super low. It's blazingly fast and buttery smooth. It supports native touchpad gestures. It's a joy to pinch with two fingers to see previews of all open tabs grouped by site.

Solution

unplanned bacon

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2014

I noticed this too, just Safari on iPad is so much better. I have a bug in my Safari install though, it brings up the search suggestions in the omnibar when I've already conducted my search. I'll try and explain. Say I search something, hit enter, Google loads, but the cursor returns to the omnibar causing the suggestions that appear when you type to show up again. It also sometimes doesn't handle YouTube quite so well.

Also, I miss the colour and favicon support of Chrome

But it is quick, has low overhead and supports the touch gestures. Just its iPad counterpart is smoother. I also like keychain (even though Chrome has similar) and Siri Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.