Chrome OS Web Store is Now Open and Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I just wish they installed their google chrome browser into program files. That's the one thing that keeps me away; refusing to obey current programming practices.

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
It wasn't until I started typing this comment up that I came to understand the whole idea of these "apps". A lot of the "apps" are just links to websites so in other words it's just an extension to your bookmarks. I was noticing that with the game I "installed" it's just the same thing that's normally accessible online by typing in the url except it's also available offline too. So I guess the perk is that it makes you're web browser something that's usable even when you're not plugged in?
Other than that it's an internet application directory and rating service that could really be used on any internet platform.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
They have done a good job with the Chrome browser. I would like to try the OS although I am not interested in everything being in the cloud. Should be interesting though.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I was a big fan of firefox until recently I tried chrome and now it's my favorite of all browsers. The idea of a webOS is brilliant it won't hit it's stride for another 5 years though. Gooogle knowing this will be (along side Microsoft) at the forefront of a revolution in computing. Hardware will become less and less of a factor.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Good luck to Google with the Chrome OS idea. I'm not buying the entire premise, and neither are many of the tech friends of mine.[/citation]
+1 ChromeOS is going to fail ala Linux on netbooks.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
If you're not an internet person, don't buy it.
Whether you like it or not, a lot of software is moving to Cloud based infrastructures. More and more "regular apps" are being ported to the browser, even your regular 3D FPShooter (OnLive is just the first example, but others will follow). You really don't have to use Google applications if you don't like them. There's plenty of alternatives.
I'd buy one if I had the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.