Question Chrome toolbar/search bar not showing on Mac - Please Help!

Oct 20, 2018
Hi! I have a problem with Chrome on my macbook. For a few days now I have been having a problem with the Google Chrome search/tab bar disappearing. Whenever i enter fullscreen mode on Chrome (by pressing the green circle at the top left corner) I have my google search bar and all the tabs are showing, but when I enter fullscreen on a video (e.g Netflix or Youtube) and then exit the fullscreen I can't see the search bar or the tabs anymore. It pops up again when I move the mouse to the top of the screen and is locked like it should be, but if I would to go into fullscreen on a video again it disappears and I have to move the mouse to the top again to get it back. I don't really know what to do or how to fix it.

Pressing "command + shift + F" does works to get it back but I have to do it every time I exit fullscreen on a video and it is getting really frustrating not seeing the toolbar/search bar right away like always.
I have also tried restarting the computer several times and restarting the program (chrome).

This is what happens:

https://imgur.com/a/11yhOjH

Please help me if you have any idea what might be causing this!