[SOLVED] Chuwi Hi10x vs. Surface Go 2

swissc

Honorable
Nov 10, 2018
I currently have a Lenovo U430 touch, which is now 6.5 years old. I will probably look to replace it sometime later this year. Currently I am looking to replace it with a smaller 10" Windows tab that is more portable. I do not need anything too powerful as I have a desktop, mainly streaming and browsing. Is it worth waiting for a Windows Go 2? Or should I just go with the Hi X 10? Does anyone know if they produce keyboards in other layouts for these (I.e. UK English). Any other suggestions for a 10inch Windows tablet?

Solution
Surface Go 2 and Chuwi Hi10x2 have yet to be released.

Surface Go $400+ "With these specs" Up to $600 for the other models

1800 x 1200 217 ppi
Pentium 4415Y Dual Core
HD 615 IGPU
4GB RAM
64GB of eMMC storage
USB-C, Bluetooth 4.1
9 hours of Video Playback
520g, 8.3mm Thick
-Weak Speakers with bad placement so use a Bluetooth Audio device.
-Windows 10 Home in S mode which is pretty annoying
-No USB 3.0 ports so you need a Type C adapter.

Chuwi Hi10x $219 "Base model with these specs" There are 3 models.

1920 x 1200 (16:10)
6GB of RAM
N4100 CPU Quad Core
HD 600 IGPU
128GB of eMMC Storage
USB Type C, USB 3.0 and Bluetooth 5.0
8 hours of Video Playback
522g, 8.8mm Thick
-Weak Speakers with bad placement so use a...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

1800 x 1200 217 ppi
Pentium 4415Y Dual Core
HD 615 IGPU
4GB RAM
64GB of eMMC storage
USB-C, Bluetooth 4.1
520g, 8.3mm Thick

6GB of RAM
N4100 CPU Quad Core
HD 600 IGPU
128GB of eMMC Storage
522g, 8.8mm Thick

Surface Go
Better Battery Life Slightly
(IR) face-detection sensor so you can sign in without a password
Slightly faster IGPU "5%"
Slightly Lighter and thinner but not by much.

Hi10
Better Screen Resolution and Brightness
More connection options
Bluetooth 5.0 " Simultaneous multiple devices"
More storage and RAM

Faster CPU " 9% single-core" "90% multicore"
Type C Charging "Fast Charge more"

That is probably the best you're going to find in a non-android 10 inch. The Android versions will have a better screen quality and speakers but will have less storage, RAM and overall build quality.

Reactions: swissc
Solution

swissc

Honorable
Nov 10, 2018
Thanks for the reply Sizzling, think I will go for the Chuwi when the time comes. Out of interest, you menton 3 models of the Hi10x, which are these? I only see the 'base' model you noted aboce.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Just to add to the above. The Surface Go using Windows S mode is not a problem as you can permanently switch to normal mode without any issue. However I would ignore the 4gb version and only consider the 8gb which is what I use.

Note the price on the 8GB/128GB models $549. Compare that to a former corporate used Surface pro 4 and 5 and it loses it's valued pretty quick. I actually tried the Go and the Windows experience on a 10 inch is rather annoying as well as many apps not being optimized for such a small screen.

Windows S Mode... on a 32GB and 64GB device is rather annoying. This isn't a go in a flip an option to convert Windows, it will do a full reinstall "6+ Hours" and then you are left with a Windows.old folder with 15+GB of storage you have to delete "With Special Permissions".

Note the price on the 8GB/128GB models $549. Compare that to a former corporate used Surface pro 4 and 5 and it loses it's valued pretty quick. I actually tried the Go and the Windows experience on a 10 inch is rather annoying as well as many apps not being optimized for such a small screen.

Windows S Mode... on a 32GB and 64GB device is rather annoying. This isn't a go in a flip an option to convert Windows, it will do a full reinstall "6+ Hours" and then you are left with a Windows.old folder with 15+GB of storage you have to delete "With Special Permissions".
Switching off Windows S mode takes less than 1 minute. If you wanted to go back to S mode you would need to revert to a backup. Switching off S mode does not create a Windows.old folder. It is exactly the same for the Go as these instructions.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OX-LwZZVQT4

As for usability I prefer the Surface Go to the iPad. The iPad is the wife’s but it still amuses me when she asks to borrow the Go as she has a website that won’t run on the iPad

I currently have a Lenovo U430 touch, which is now 6.5 years old. I will probably look to replace it sometime later this year. Currently I am looking to replace it with a smaller 10" Windows tab that is more portable. I do not need anything too powerful as I have a desktop, mainly streaming and browsing. Is it worth waiting for a Windows Go 2? Or should I just go with the Hi X 10? Does anyone know if they produce keyboards in other layouts for these (I.e. UK English). Any other suggestions for a 10inch Windows tablet?
Why not get an iPad? Windows and android tablets can’t touch them and the refreshed model is fairly cheap.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Why not get an iPad? Windows and android tablets can’t touch them and the refreshed model is fairly cheap.

Do you know why people opt for Android and Windows devices?

Endless storage.
Freedom to tinker and change things any way you please.
Freedom to use any app you wish.
Price.
Dire hate for Itunes.

Apple devices are indeed nice as long as you don't care about local storage because they get downright pricey @ 128GB. The base models @ 32GB file up incredibly fast with no storage options other than the cloud.

Do you know why people opt for Android and Windows devices?

Endless storage.
Freedom to tinker and change things any way you please.
Freedom to use any app you wish.
Price.
Dire hate for Itunes.

Apple devices are indeed nice as long as you don't care about local storage because they get downright pricey @ 128GB. The base models @ 32GB file up incredibly fast with no storage options other than the cloud.
£450 for a 128GB iPad...

£450 /$584 US will get a Surface Pro 5 with a 512GB SSD i7-7600U/HD640 and a keyboard.

Or an Ipad with just an Ipad.

But the iPad has better battery, a better touch screen, actually works as a tablet as opposed to being clunky AF, does what was wanted in the OP better than the surface and if you go for the £479 air it has a more powerful CPU than the surface pro 5. If you’re only using it for streaming and browsing why do you need 512GB of storage? The iPad is better than a laptop for internet browsing and offers better portability.

Each to their own, I’m not going to say one is better and I believe trying to say one is better is ignoring people have different needs and wants. I prefer the Surface Go for myself over an iPad. While the interface isn’t as slick as iOS there are so many more benefits for me. It can run all web pages, can run any Windows program, it has a USB-C and can utilise all the available dongles, it can take micro SD cards. For example our last holiday abroad I used the Go as a way of backing up my camera SD card to my cloud storage each day.

The wife has an iPad and it suits her although she does borrow the Go from time to time.

swissc

Honorable
Nov 10, 2018
@LordVile: Yes the Ipad is an awesome bit of kit but I just do not like Apple, plus their lack of storage. I will be mostly browsing streaming but also have a large library of downloaded shows. Android would be an option but at least with Windows I know it will be supported for the life of the device. My current laptop is knocking on 7 years old, I am sure there are not too many Android devices out there that are still updated.

@sizzling and @delaro: Exactly my reasons for wanting Windows. Plus I just know where I am with it.

Thank you all so much for your comments.

Jun 2, 2020
I just got the Hi10x with keyboard and the Hipen H6. I wanted to upgrade from a 3yr old Lenovo yogabook and be able to draw directly on the screen with high accuracy. I'm blown away at how accurate the pen is and for less than $300 this thing is amazing. Build feels like a mini version MacBook from 5 years ago, very solid.

I hope you find the right device for you.

Having a Surface/iPad pro level of digitization, Windows10, a super light tablet, An actual keyboard with firm hinge/adjustment, all in such a small package for about $275 is unreal. My only complaint is that they suggest only using the USB C charger they provide to avoid damaging the battery (yes, it has a brick), and the keyboard is very heavy for the size. Also, the speakers are barely audible except in a very quiet room. 3.5mm Jack or Bluetooth are best options.

swissc

Honorable
Nov 10, 2018
I went for the Go2 in the end (m3/wifi), I did like the look of the Chuwi, but the size with the attached keyboard put my off. And I just got my bonus so went to the Go. However I only got it yesterday no feedback on it yet.

Apr 1, 2021

1800 x 1200 217 ppi
Pentium 4415Y Dual Core
HD 615 IGPU
4GB RAM
64GB of eMMC storage
USB-C, Bluetooth 4.1
520g, 8.3mm Thick

6GB of RAM
N4100 CPU Quad Core
HD 600 IGPU
128GB of eMMC Storage
522g, 8.8mm Thick

Surface Go
Better Battery Life Slightly
(IR) face-detection sensor so you can sign in without a password
Slightly faster IGPU "5%"
Slightly Lighter and thinner but not by much.

Hi10
Better Screen Resolution and Brightness
More connection options
Bluetooth 5.0 " Simultaneous multiple devices"
More storage and RAM

Faster CPU " 9% single-core" "90% multicore"
Type C Charging "Fast Charge more"

That is probably the best you're going to find in a non-android 10 inch. The Android versions will have a better screen quality and speakers but will have less storage, RAM and overall build quality.

I want the Bios file and how to flash it on to the tablet
The tablet did not start. Did not have LCD backlight. Red LED blinking when I try to start it. Charging LED working. Full charged LED working. Not able to boot or go to bios settings. I had contacted customer service more than 30 days ago and attached the picture of back lid and serial number and model number but no answer until now. Then I try to see if is something burned on PCB boards and is nothing visible wrong with the inside boards.