Question Cinebench not rendering any image (black screen) / insanely high scores

the_funtom

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Hi there, I'm not an extensive gamer but I use other resource hungry applications that keep updating numbers and data through the data. Previously I suddenly had my computer generate a lot of heat and the cpu temp was hitting 95 C and would shut off. I tried to run cinebench r23 but my system would just shut off. I ripped the whole thing apart, cleaned it, changed the fan configuration and decided to run a test again. The system runs through the tests both multi core and single core for 30 minutes no problem hitting max of 75 -80 C, several runs. But I have one issue guys, there is no image being rendered like I see in the videos and added to that, the cinebench throws me insanely high scores. View: https://imgur.com/a/ootnnu8

Can someone please help me fix this so I can run a more sensible test with a score to place me somewhere to start. Thanks Guys!

Here's What I have

Asus Prime X470-PRO
AMD RYZEN 7 2700X 3.7 GHZ
RAM DDR4 3600 C17 8X4 (32GB) GSKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO 250 GB boot drive and two other ssd 3.5" seagate 1TB each
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 (I know this is old but I don't do much intense gaming)

the_funtom

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Have you tried deleting and downloading fresh cinebench files? Looks like it could be a software issue.
Well I had a workaround. I installed cinebench app from the microsoft store and that worked fine. I did try downloading the zipped folder, unzipping and running the .exe, but it gave the same problem. Don't know what the issue was, but now I have it running from the app.