Question Cinebench R23 Stuck Rendering Single Core

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
I am running at stock settings with no adjustments made to the CPU inside the bios but it’s stuck rendering the last part when benchmarking with Single Core. At this point I have no idea what to do and what could be wrong. Also, when stress testing with Realbench for 8 hours it passes the stress test.

Edit:
1st time benchmarking single core it got stuck near the end.
2nd time benchmarking single core it got stuck near the end.
3rd time benchmarking single core it passed and worked great.
At this point I closed Cinebench R23 and opened it again.
4th time benchmarking single core it got stuck near the end at the same square being rendered as the two other attempts that failed.
Any idea what this could be all about?

View: https://imgur.com/a/dfHbz54

Last edited:

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
reinstall the application and try again.

also run Prime95 or XTU to see if either also has issues.
I removed Cinebench R23 and installed it again but I am still experiencing the same issue and it gets stuck at the exact same spot when running the Single Core benchmark. When running Prime95 it seems to run smoothly and passes all of the tests. When running the older Cinebench R20 it runs smoothly and passes the benchmark.

kanewolf

Titan
I removed Cinebench R23 and installed it again but I am still experiencing the same issue and it gets stuck at the exact same spot when running the Single Core benchmark. When running Prime95 it seems to run smoothly and passes all of the tests. When running the older Cinebench R20 it runs smoothly and passes the benchmark.
This is the THIRD thread you have created on the same topic. That is against the rules of the board. Keep your posts to one thread per topic.

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
This is the THIRD thread you have created on the same topic. That is against the rules of the board. Keep your posts to one thread per topic.
I don’t want to create multiple threads about my problem with Cinebench R23. I want one thread about this. This is the only thread I have about this issue that I am experiencing.

Fl1cks

BANNED
Jun 19, 2021
Where are your temps at that point in the bench (in relation to max for your components)?

As a matter of query what are the components?
My CPU hit 103˚C with a previous overclocking configuration during a Realbench stress test without the computer shutting down or being unstable so I don’t believe this has to do with the temperatures. At the moment when running Cinebench R23 the CPU package sits at around 55-60˚C with the fans running at a speed of about 70%.

Here are the specs:
I7-11700K
Gigabyte Z590 UD AC
Corsair RM850X (850W)
G.Skill Ballistix 4x32GB (128GB)
Asus RTX 3060 Rog Strix OC
WD SN850 500GB
Crucial P5 500GB
Crucial P5 250GB
Samsung QVO 1TB
WD Gold 12TB
Noctua NH-D15
2 x Noctua 140mm Industrial 3000RPM Case Fans
2 x Stock Cooler Master Silencio S600 Case Fans

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Nice setup.

103* is 3 above T junction. It should be throttling like crazy even leading up to that, so it's rather surprising that it isn't either throttling more, or outright crashing/shutdown.

Unless I am missing it, I don't note a case. Where that Noctua cooler is nice, running those temps indicates some issue, and I lean towards a case with insufficient air flow for the components. (I also note the other fans). It's easy to check this....drop a side panel and see if temps drop off significantly. If you see more than a couple of degrees difference it can be an indicator of poor airflow, or perhaps messing with fan configuration(s).
Another thing 'could be' poor cooler to CPU contact or paste. Have you checked that already?

1234John1234

BANNED
Jul 25, 2021
Borrowing my brother’s account to reply to you here as my account got banned for a day which I don’t quite understand the reason to why :(

I believe I had the T Junction or whatever the setting was called with 3 letters at 105˚C at that time and then changed that back to Auto after decreasing some voltages and adjusting some settings that made the CPU run cooler. The sidepanel is actually off right now as the fans from the NH-D15 cooler stick out a little too much. When I get a good pair of 120mm fans I’ll switch them out with the stock ones from the Noctua cooler and have the sidepanel on. The paste that I am using is an Artic Silver 5 and I applied it quite recently as I built this computer a few weeks ago. According to results that I’ve seen on the internet this paste gives about a 5˚C increasement in temps compared to the better Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. I’m not an experienced PC builder but looking at how much paste was usually used out on the internet I believe that I rather used a little too much than too little.

Also, I want to clarify that Cinebench R23 runs at 55-60˚C right now when there are no overclocks done to the components.

Nice setup.

103* is 3 above T junction. It should be throttling like crazy even leading up to that, so it's rather surprising that it isn't either throttling more, or outright crashing/shutdown.

Unless I am missing it, I don't note a case. Where that Noctua cooler is nice, running those temps indicates some issue, and I lean towards a case with insufficient air flow for the components. (I also note the other fans). It's easy to check this....drop a side panel and see if temps drop off significantly. If you see more than a couple of degrees difference it can be an indicator of poor airflow, or perhaps messing with fan configuration(s).
Another thing 'could be' poor cooler to CPU contact or paste. Have you checked that already?