Circuit City is Back, Sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
I think it would be cool if they turned them into a "pick up" location for orders on their other sites (Tiger Direct, CompUSA, etc). Perhaps knock 50% off shipping costs or something if they do in-store pickup.

mrfisthand

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
What a tremendous loss, they went baknkrupt for a reason, the pick up type location is a good idea though, they could also be used as an outlet type store for overstock and clearance

tiredwolf

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Im .. really not sure why anyone would want them back, they always had really terrible customer service and way over priced products. I think they went out of business for a reason.....

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD news[/citation]
On May 19 the Circuit City brand and website was purchased by Systemax Inc.,

Yes it is old news, but it was official just last week.

I always liked CC. Most everything I personally looked at was cheaper than BB - maybe a locale/regional thing (I live in the county it was based in)? Either way competition is needed and BB is a monopoly in the market now. Who else would you say can equate to the sheer size of them in electronics retail - Radio Shack, Target, Wal-mart? Maybe if you combine all of them into one sales figure and factor in all of the little guys as well.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Maybe now I can return the broken video card I got for $25 that VisionTek just won't repair cause it's not hardware defect... :(

meatwad53186

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Maybe now I can return the broken video card I got for $25 that VisionTek just won't repair cause it's not hardware defect...[/citation]

That sucks. Did you buy it on clearance when they were going out of business? I went in when they were going out of business and picked up a Logitech G15 and a G9 for $70 each for my upcoming build (but I'm using them now anyway).

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Who really is overjoyed by the fact that Circuit City is back?[/citation]

I dunno it seems like a carbon copy of compusa.com to me after looking up a part for someone today who wanted to order from circuit city. Would be better if the b&m was back, I don't really want to shop at best buy. But I guess regardless I can do all my shopping online either way.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
overpriced... i always hated circuit shitty same as i do butt buy. But local pickup places would be awesome, if newegg did that i'd be balls deep in a whore named debt on pc parts, it's easier to avoid if you can't go pick it up today. haha.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
I was glad to see them die. Good riddance. I use "circuit-city" as a curse word. Like when I stub my toe on the edge of my bed I always yell "CIRCUIT CITY......"

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Circuit Shitty was always a sub-rate store. I worked there for a few months and it only worsened my opinion. I want it to exist simply so that Best Buy and Walmart have competition. But I never liked CC and I won't start now.

buymyname

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Circuit City was good electronic store back to 80s, They treated badly against vendor or mfg., so that was the reason why they run out of business. Circuit city treated customer nice in some place, but the return policy are really SxxK! I totally agreed (nachowarrior, reasonance451 and davidgbailey reviews)

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The Circut City.com website is a mirror of CompUSA. They only bought the name. Its kind of like the current Commodore and Amiga companies that have NOTHING to do with C= or Amigas from the 80~90s.

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
When those doors open ill be putting my resume in for management, working there was the most fun i ever had. I was rated #1 for customer service and #4 in sales. Now i work at disney world which is ironically the SAME THING except i dont sell anything i just talk to customers and make them happyand smile just like in circuit city. This is my 3rd day at disney today and im already the best in my work location and thats all thanks to Circuit City's superior customer service.

Thanks for making the article jane, trust me ill be the first to know when the physical stores open, and ill give you the article :D .

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
[citation][nom]tiredwolf[/nom]Im .. really not sure why anyone would want them back, they always had really terrible customer service and way over priced products. I think they went out of business for a reason.....[/citation]

Corruption stock fell from $5 to $0.15 in a MONTH, the CEO blamed us employee's for their mistakes. Bush fucked up our economy and our CEO fucked us over as well.

thegh0st

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]article[/nom]So this isn’t a resurrection of Circuit City. Sniff.[/citation]

Why the sniff? Was there Circuit City's in Ireland?

coolkev99

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008
Are you kidding me? Circuit City for the most part was a terrible overpriced store. Up until the last couple years with thier newer image, it was a dark dungeon, with smarmy commissioned sales persons. Terrible and good riddance.

mmast0

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
chaosgs
it's always funny when people that know nothing about politics or business use them in their posts

Status
Not open for further replies.