Question Circuit size (or shared circuit) for large UPS battery backup

Jul 3, 2024
hello guys, i am interested in getting two of these:
Cyberpower PR3000LCD

The plug that it comes with is for a 30 AMP receptacle. So obviously i would need a 30-amp breaker (people have suggested used an adapter to plug into regular 15/20 receptacle, which i did)
If i buy two of these, do you think i would tap into the same breaker? Or should i install two separate 30-amp circuits?

the unit seemed to have worked on my regular 15/20 receptacle. But i am looking to do this correctly

what are your thoughts?

Ralston18

Titan
Get a qualified electrician to look things over.

An electrician who is current on local codes and electrical systems. And can check wiring, receptacals, etc..

You are looking at a $3K+ installation /investment.

Budget in a few hundred more dollars to ensure that it all is done correctly.

Download a copy the UPS installation instructions to have available. Likely to prove handy.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

kanewolf

Titan
hello guys, i am interested in getting two of these:
Cyberpower PR3000LCD

The plug that it comes with is for a 30 AMP receptacle. So obviously i would need a 30-amp breaker (people have suggested used an adapter to plug into regular 15/20 receptacle, which i did)
If i buy two of these, do you think i would tap into the same breaker? Or should i install two separate 30-amp circuits?

the unit seemed to have worked on my regular 15/20 receptacle. But i am looking to do this correctly

what are your thoughts?
That UPS has 2 20A and 8 15A receptacles. THAT is why it requires 30A twistlock service. With nothing plugged into it, could you avoid burning your house down by plugging it into a 15A outlet? Probably. BUT, if you choose to plug devices into it, then you might be in the dark.

Jul 3, 2024
That UPS has 2 20A and 8 15A receptacles. THAT is why it requires 30A twistlock service. With nothing plugged into it, could you avoid burning your house down by plugging it into a 15A outlet? Probably. BUT, if you choose to plug devices into it, then you might be in the dark.
it's been running in a 15Amp circuit for about 8 years and powered my monitors, computer, and printers just fine. But i did want to have the right circuit for them.

I suppose since i'll have someone in the attic already to install the new 10awg circuit, i'll just have him do two lines.
I just wanted to save about $70 in extra material and labor

TRENDING THREADS