Civilization: Beyond Earth to Take Players to Alien Planets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
While not mentioned here, this game will be available across all platforms including Linux. Good to see more AAA games showing up there.

hannibal

Distinguished
Interesting to see if this is story driven like Alpha Centauri was, or more like sandbox game ala Civ...
To Icemunk... I always prefer more tactical one unit per hex than old "stack of doom". That was really boring... In civ5 system it requires more thinking and more complex tactical decision, but I can understand that it does not please everyone, but for strategy gamer the change in civ5 was a excellent one!

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Guess video games are following the Hollywood trend, "Hey! Let's just remake the old & pretend that it's new again!"...

Or it's the even older adage, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...

Or they thought, "Well, the backstory may be somwhat similar to Alpha Centauri, but then what empire-building turn-based strategy game doesn't resemble its predecessors in some way?"

Either way, should be interesting.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Can we have a stick figure graphics mode so that this can be run on a cheap 8" Windows tablet without overheating it and cause it to shut down? :)

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Actually, even before Alpha Centauri they had some Civ 2 extensions that brought the game to another planet. I think it was called Test of Time or something... IIRC the game played normally until you build a spaceship and then you continued after the ship landed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS