CL 15-16-16-35 and CL -15-15-15-36

Apr 11, 2018
Hello
I had 2x8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
CL 15-16-16-35
i just bought 2x8gb corsair vengeance DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
CL -15-15-15-36

when i plug them all, the computer does not work, he keep rebooting.
is that because of the CL ??
Thanks

Solution
No. It is more likely to be due to (partial) incompatibility between all of the memory modules.

Using/mixing different memory modules often causes problems.

Try increasing DRAM (memory) voltage a bit (don't go over 1.35 V) in BIOS. This might help to get the modules to work together, but no guarantees that this will work.
No. It is more likely to be due to (partial) incompatibility between all of the memory modules.

Using/mixing different memory modules often causes problems.

Try increasing DRAM (memory) voltage a bit (don't go over 1.35 V) in BIOS. This might help to get the modules to work together, but no guarantees that this will work.

Solution
Apr 11, 2018
Thanks,
XMP was enable in the BIOS for the first series of Ram module, maybe it was this who cause the issue.
What is better 32gb or 16gb with XMP activated ?

If wanting 32 GB for this system, then it is preferable to use memory from the same kit.

Depending on motherboard/CPU capability, ideally a 2 x 16 GB dual channel kit should be used. Failing that, then a 4 x 8 GB quad channel kit should be used.

16 GB should be enough for most situations (gaming, and most applications). Then either of the 2 x 8 GB dual channel kits could be used with XMP enabled. In the event of problems (particularly if using the 2 x 8 GB Corsair memory) then XMP should be disabled and memory settings be made manually, including raising DRAM Voltage if required.

But if still wanting to use these mixed memory modules (G.Skill 2 x 8 GB and Corsair 2 x 8 GB) for a total of 32 GB, then disable XMP and make memory settings manually, including increasing DRAM voltage from 1.20 V.

32 GB is really only needed for memory intensive programs such as some graphics, video, and CAD software.