Question CLASS ACTION SUIT-MICROSOFT

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
why isn't anyone bringing a class action suit against Microsoft for forcing people to download win 10. you techs in thge world know damn well they are doing this. have you ever seen some many arise since people didn't want to download win 10. since then I have had to replace a hard drive and today my laptop screen is black. I have been on this website asking why win 8.1 won't update and the reason is Microsoft disabling the windows modular installer so that it won't update win 8.1 or prior. Where are the techs that used to stand up for the computer world. out selling newspaper ads? online advertisements?

taylor1277

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
After a quick google it appears you need to be on the 8.1 Update to receive new updates/patches. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/15356/windows-8-install-update-kb-2919355

Not sure how you're being forced to move to 10.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your semi-incoherent rant.
It is so easy for Microsoft to force not I, WE to download win 10. what do you mean they did and caught doing it in the past with other versions. have you not read forums here where people are having all kinds of problems with win 8 8.1 win 7 and also with win 10. the reason that is happening is becuase they are trying to figure out how to get certain things to run on win 10 and disabling them on prior win versions. that is why so many people complainiung about win 10. the reason I don't want it is 9it no better than version 1.0

DSzymborski

Titan
It is so easy for Microsoft to force not I, WE to download win 10. what do you mean they did and caught doing it in the past with other versions. have you not read forums here where people are having all kinds of problems with win 8 8.1 win 7 and also with win 10. the reason that is happening is becuase they are trying to figure out how to get certain things to run on win 10 and disabling them on prior win versions. that is why so many people complainiung about win 10. the reason I don't want it is 9it no better than version 1.0

. I'm just wildly guessing that you don't like that Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 8, but they disclosed that this would happen and when it would happen a long, long time ago. If this is not your complaint, I'm not sure what it is; you'd need to slow down, take a deep breath, and write something that someone can understand.

You're under no obligation to use Microsoft's product. Various Linux distributions are free and have been around a long, long time.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
why isn't anyone bringing a class action suit against Microsoft for forcing people to download win 10. you techs in thge world know damn well they are doing this. have you ever seen some many arise since people didn't want to download win 10. since then I have had to replace a hard drive and today my laptop screen is black. I have been on this website asking why win 8.1 won't update and the reason is Microsoft disabling the windows modular installer so that it won't update win 8.1 or prior. Where are the techs that used to stand up for the computer world. out selling newspaper ads? online advertisements?

Microsoft isn't forcing you to do anything, it's your option to use an unsupported OS or update. If you're a business you have the options to buy support for a certain period of time.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
It's called the next version of Windows. They've been coming out with great regularity for decades now.

When it comes to an OS from any maker, you either evolve as they do, switch OSes (and eventually face a different evolution), or throw fits about that which cannot be changed. I have elected to exercise the first option since DOS was replaced by Windows to begin with.

An OS is not, and never has been, a bespoke piece of software tailored to an individual user. They are, by their very nature, "Swiss Army knife" contraptions meant to allow diverse demographics to use them to accomplish myriad tasks using all sorts of application programs.