News Classic Intel Pentium III sticker doesn't entirely match the 1999 CPU architecture

Nov 3, 2023
Joking about a torturous and debilitating condition... classy.
You should make a joke about cancer patients being delighted by the nuclear battery, while you're at it.

writer here: I also have OCD, to a sometimes-debilitating extent. you should make less reductive assumptions of others. acknowledging the existence of "OCD sufferers" is not the same as making them the butt of the joke. some people call that "representation", actually.

Reactions: adamboy64

35below0

Respectable
Jan 3, 2024
I'm occassionally stricken with OCD. Very few things in my life are affected, but i will turn myself inside out trying to satisfy the OCD urge when it does happen.

I didn't even notice there was anything improper. 100% feel the comment was more in line with acknowledgment OCD exists and not in any way making fun of OCD sufferers.

The comment wasn't even an attepmt at a joke.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
For proof of purchase, you can screenshot or photo an invoice, receipt, or packing slip to send along with your online request form. If you don't have any of that kind of proof, you will be able to save a screenshot from the Intel System Support Utility (linked to via the form) instead.
Was thinking that proving you had a system would be hard but from the other article it would seem it is quite easy :)

Colin Ionita

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2013
You should make a joke about cancer patients being delighted by the nuclear battery, while you're at it.
Thats a false equivalent. Even if it wasn't, the original statement is plenty non-offensive. Humor is allowed to make a mild joke towards a troubled populous. You don't see Dyslexics getting up in arms about all the factually inaccurate dyslexic jokes.
-Someone whos dyslexic and whos immediate family got cancer most likely from Chernobyl.

Reactions: TheyCallMeContra
This suggests that the sticker design actually predates the final chip design
Or perhaps it's just rotated because much like the majority of the image on sticker, it's not actually meant to be a one-to-one representative of the actual chip layout. Oftentimes these chip companies will modify photos of their chips in marketing/investor materials to avoid leaking details about the design of their processors.

Sort of like how your avatar image appears to be "joking about" people dying in a cartoon rendition of a WWII battle? We should hope that no one who took part in such battles happens to see the image and be traumatized by it. : P

Really, if you go searching for things to be offended about, you'll probably find that just about anything can be deemed offensive in some way.