Clean Install of Windows 7 lead to no sound?

Ajanth

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hey, I recently clean installed Windows7 on my mom's old Lenovo/Ibm thinkpad which was originally using windows xp. The installation was smooth but after installing all the drivers I could find, The sound icon has a red x beside it and says "no audio output device is installed." The driver I'm using is the Realtek HD audio one since i can't find any compatible windows 7 drivers from the lenovo website. I tried to enable the onboard audio in bios but i can't find the option, i get all other sounds when the battery is low and when it boots. So this is driving me crazy and how do i fix it?

the Specs are:
Lenovo/Ibm thinkpad t41
Intel Pentium M 1.6Ghz
1.25 gb ram
Windows 7 32 bit
I have no idea what the motherboard is :??:

Thank you.

Solution
You said there was not a Windows 7 driver on the Lenovo site for this laptop model, right? That might be your problem. Lenovo probably doesn't support Windows 7 on this laptop (it appears to be old based on the specs).

I would check with Lenovo again just to be sure. But if there is no compatible driver, then you are probably out of luck unless you find a driver that just so happens to work.

tigerg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
You said there was not a Windows 7 driver on the Lenovo site for this laptop model, right? That might be your problem. Lenovo probably doesn't support Windows 7 on this laptop (it appears to be old based on the specs).

I would check with Lenovo again just to be sure. But if there is no compatible driver, then you are probably out of luck unless you find a driver that just so happens to work.

Solution