[SOLVED] Clean install Windows 7 on Macbook

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
my mac os already got removed and i'm planning to reinstall windows 7, (i already have all the drivers in my usb) do i just format all disk partition then install the windows? or there's another step to do?

Solution
my mac os already got removed and i'm planning to reinstall windows 7, (i already have all the drivers in my usb) do i just format all disk partition then install the windows? or there's another step to do?

If you already have the USB made. You should just have to insert the USB then hold the Option key while booting. From there select the USB from the selection of drives. Then it's just install Windows as per usual then install the Bootcamp drivers for your model of computer.

the cpu is Intel core 2 duo p8600, but based on this website https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-windows-booting-supported.html mine max supported windows is windows 7

While not officially supported by Apple. They just...

If you already have the USB made. You should just have to insert the USB then hold the Option key while booting. From there select the USB from the selection of drives. Then it's just install Windows as per usual then install the Bootcamp drivers for your model of computer.

the cpu is Intel core 2 duo p8600, but based on this website https://everymac.com/systems/by_capability/maximum-windows-booting-supported.html mine max supported windows is windows 7

While not officially supported by Apple. They just didn't bother to update or qualify their drivers. Most drivers should install from the Windows disk and Windows update. As for missing drivers. You should be able to take Apple's Windows 7 Bootcamp drivers (or 8 if available). Then manually install them in Windows 10.

Just curious as to why you are getting rid of macOS? If you just want an updated OS. Using the DOSDUDE1 patch for Catalina works great. Otherwise Ubuntu works faster.

Solution

BJordan

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020

While not officially supported by Apple. They just didn't bother to update or qualify their drivers. Most drivers should install from the Windows disk and Windows update. As for missing drivers. You should be able to take Apple's Windows 7 Bootcamp drivers (or 8 if available). Then manually install them in Windows 10.

Just curious as to why you are getting rid of macOS? If you just want an updated OS. Using the DOSDUDE1 patch for Catalina works great. Otherwise Ubuntu works faster.
oh i'm really not familiar with mac os, i already use windows since win xp and maybe i try install windows 10, ive saw lot of website and video about their unsupported mac but the windows 10 is working and i notice they have a problem which is 2 missing drives (coprocessor and smbus) is it something makes the system unstable?