Clean Installing windows 8.1 Pro wmc

ankur_info

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
My present os is Windows 8.1 pro/wmc. My first os is windows 7 64 bit. Then upgrade my os with windows 8 and free upgrade to wmc. Then upgrade to windows 8.1 using microsoft store. For some problem I want to clean install my os. Is it possible to install Windows 8.1/wmc directly without install first windows 7 then upgrade to windows 8 then 8.1? My activation information is backup using "Advanced Tokens Manager".

A clean install of windows 8.x will work depending on the nature of the hardware of your machine. The more non generic the hardware the more features that will not work. Saying that, most of the issues are with laptops that require custom drivers. If your vendor has drivers for 8.x for your system the more likely it will work. (download the drivers before you attempt to install the new OS) Some vendors just don't support their older hardware, in that case you can try the install and hunt down the drivers from the chipset vendor rather than the pc vendor. Most of the time it will work fine. (most pc vendors just use various chipset vendors chips and device drivers anyway)