[SOLVED] Clean windows without reset/format or loosing an app

PrateekPanwar646

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
I'm facing lots of problems currently after upgrading to windows 2004, I cannot format it due to work from home
  1. Slow: Unity 3D takes 10x time to open before also everything
  2. Windows Search: I used to press Win key then type "pain" so paint used to come up. It's not working entirely.
  3. Some times start menu doesn't appear, I have to kill "Start" app from taskbar
  4. Win key stuck: In games sometimes Win key gets stuck not physically. But restart repairs
  5. Desktop icon misbehave: No matter how I sort icon even deleted icon cache. When I refresh, Icons arrange in strange way leaving 1 space between and always arranges in weird same order.
  6. MOST IMP!!!: Windows defender takes upto 1 gb RAM sometimes, Takes even 100% CPU freezes all apps. No matter how many times I fully scanned
Things I tried:
  1. Full Scanned by Malware Bytes Premium trial.
  2. Cleared temp files, prefetch, deleted junk in %appdata% folder and programdata. Reinstalled Nvidia drivers.

I'm 100% sure it was well in windows 1904 or whatever used to run before

Any tips to fix it a bit without formatting?

Solution
open command prompt as admin
type sfc /scannow and hit enter
this will scan hard drive for errors and repair
there is a space between sfc and /scannow
you can also download the windows media creation tool from Microsoft web site and run it.You can refresh windows without losing anything but be very careful choosing your options i.e what to keep or not

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
you can also download the windows media creation tool from Microsoft web site and run it.You can refresh windows without losing anything but be very careful choosing your options i.e what to keep or not

Reactions: PrateekPanwar646
Solution

PrateekPanwar646

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019

Thanks for reply, Turned out that windows was bugged. Now it's better