Cleaned computer with compressed air and now it won't start

Tball1111111

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Today I cleaned my 2-3 year old computer tower with compressed air in a can, and was wondering what I could have potentially done. I have a Cooler Master Stryker case where on the one of the sides of the case, the back of the motherboard is exposed, and I may have potentially hit it with some of this compressed air. I never touched any components inside like the motherboard so a static charge is probably not what happened. Any options for me to do? I forgot to unplug my power cable from my power supply during my cleaning and when I went to turn it back on, I got absolutly nothing in return power wise. I haven't tested anything yet and I'm just gonna sleep it off and try in the morning to see if anything changed (hopefully). If anyone has any helpful tips to check and see if it still works it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Solution
I'd recommend unplugging all the cables and inspecting all the hardware throughly (use a flashlight Etc) and check all of your hardware. Sometimes reseating the 24pin motherboard cable can solve issues. However, I'd say the first step is to reseat all the cables.

I'd say the second step would be to reseat the CMOS.

In addition: I've read on a few of these issues occurring and most of them lead to faulty motherboards (loss of pin from compressed air in direct contact). I wouldn't assume it's the worst yet.

Slow Pri

Respectable
Feb 29, 2016
I'd recommend unplugging all the cables and inspecting all the hardware throughly (use a flashlight Etc) and check all of your hardware. Sometimes reseating the 24pin motherboard cable can solve issues. However, I'd say the first step is to reseat all the cables.

I'd say the second step would be to reseat the CMOS.

In addition: I've read on a few of these issues occurring and most of them lead to faulty motherboards (loss of pin from compressed air in direct contact). I wouldn't assume it's the worst yet.

Solution