Question cleaning aio cooler corsair H150i

AMKAM III

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2015
Hi,
i am fairly new to rads so, i have read all the ways of cleaing rads from air compresser or vacuum or blower
i was wondering whether i can clean it by putting the rad in a bucket filled with water and with some flow of water through the rads finn

i dont knw just a thought
thank you

Lutfij

Titan
You could do that but then you're going to have to make sure that the rad is thuroughly dry before it goes back into chassis. Stray water in your chassis isn't a good idea. In fact the time it'd take to disassemble the AIO from the system, clean the rad with water and then prop it back in will be long. You could easily clean the radiator with compressed air.

FYI, you can read through the Closed Loop Cooler's section in the watercooling sticky(linked in my sig).

AMKAM III

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2015
You could do that but then you're going to have to make sure that the rad is thuroughly dry before it goes back into chassis. Stray water in your chassis isn't a good idea. In fact the time it'd take to disassemble the AIO from the system, clean the rad with water and then prop it back in will be long. You could easily clean the radiator with compressed air.

FYI, you can read through the Closed Loop Cooler's section in the watercooling sticky(linked in my sig).

Thank you for responding

i did air compressor to my rada, just wanted to clean it thuroughly
water can go places that air even compressed air could not
anyway i saw so many vids where the gamers put thier rad in ice bucket
for benchmark so i was wondering

anyway thanks

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The idea of suspending the radiator in a bucket of ice water is called a 'slush box' and many custom watercooling overclockers use this method to reach sub-ambient coolant temps and to help suppress thermal load. Ideally, you either go with radiators and fans or radiators and chilled coolant, but not both since the air-cooled radiators will actually somewhat normalize the cooling effect of the sub-ambient ice bath.

For what it's worth, I submerge all my rads when I clean, but I run custom loops, so the rads are completely disassembled from the rest of the cooling system.