Question Cleaning computer

gamingguy27

Honorable
Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys, I rrcentley bought a can of compressed air as my liquid cooler is beginning to make clicking sounds from dust, I want to clean my liquid cooler and fans without takig them out is that ok or should i take them out? I can also see the radiator is really dusty when pointing flash at the liquid cooler, its only been with me for ablut 6 months, i have never cleaned it.

" I want to clean my liquid cooler and fans without takig them out is that ok or should i take them out? "

That's OK.....you probably can clean them better taking them out....but you may be able to do a pretty good job without taking them out.

Plus...with taking them out...there is always risk....and you will avoid the risk by leaving them in.

One thing you can do to minimize the dust is to not let your computer idle when you aren't using it.

Lutfij

Titan
Depending on how much dust/debris/furballs you have in your cooling assembly, you're either going to have to tear down the entire system apart, with the fans off the radiator to get to the dust on the radiator and the fans.

Ideally you should remove the components, give them a good clean and reassemble the components to the system like you would when you've opened them up for the first time.

You could also read through the Closed Loop Coolers section in the watercooling sticky.