[SOLVED] Clearance. Noctua DH15 + Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB

Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

I need an advice about my build. I am specifically worried about the clearance between RAM and a cooler. I am planning to put together Intel i7-9700K, Noctua DH15, 4 x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB, on Asus Maximux XI Hero in Corsair 780T. The cooler is quite massive and may not have enough space between one of the fans and RAM, or even chassis and RAM.

I read there is only 32mm clearance between a fan on DH15 and RAM. I searched forum but couldn't find any info on physical dimensions of RAM I selected but they seem to be higher than 32mm. I could do two things, either move one of the fans on a cooler slightly higher and I think corsair 780T would still have enough space or attack the fan on the other side of the chassis but then I don't know if there is space for that.

Another thing is DH15s has only one fan inside a chassis and would fit without an extra fan. Its TDP is still good enough for a heavy overclocking. To save on a fan :p I was wondering if DH15 with just one fan would perform equally well as DH15s or noe due to a different design.

I will be grateful for any advice.

Solution
The 780T has 200mm of CPU cooler clearance - a full 35mm above the NH-D15's 'standard' height.
You can always raise the front fan to accommodate certain DIMMs and still have plenty room in the case to do so.

The D15S is a solid cooler itself and performs marginally better (in my experience) vs a D15 with only one fan.

You have more than enough room to make it work though.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The 780T has 200mm of CPU cooler clearance - a full 35mm above the NH-D15's 'standard' height.
You can always raise the front fan to accommodate certain DIMMs and still have plenty room in the case to do so.

The D15S is a solid cooler itself and performs marginally better (in my experience) vs a D15 with only one fan.

You have more than enough room to make it work though.

Reactions: franekw
Solution