Question clearing bios password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordank_boro

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
hey guys so i have a really weird problem. im building a budget pc for a friend, i bought the asus rampage 3 gene. it's an old motherboard but is perfect for the budget build and the needs he has. so the problem is that i bought this board from china and it works great. im actually using it right now. but the problem is that the bios has a password. when i hit del to enter the bios while booting i just get an enter password screen. i read my motherboard manual front to back and it said that the password could be reset by resetting the cmos. easy enough. especially since my board has a reset cmos button on the io of the board. so when i press it it clears the cmos and when i boot it i see the message quickly saying that the cmos date and time need to be set. but what do ya know the password for the bios is still there. i have also looked up the manual way of doing it on this board aka the clear cmos pins. well this board has a series of 3 pins. pin 1 and 2 when capped will allow the clear cmos button to work. if you move it to 2 and 3 it will stop the clear cmos button from working. but there is no way to connect the pins and have it clear the cmos that way. and even tho i cleared it with the button like i said the password is still there. i've contacted the seller and even other sellers of this board and they're all saying the same thing. clearing cmos should clear the password. but it is not. anyone here have this issue. am i missing something here? is there a different clear cmos pin on my mobo. it's not labled anywhere. i found another 2 pin jumper but i think its for a thermomiter.

USAFRet

Titan
hey guys so i have a really weird problem. im building a budget pc for a friend, i bought the asus rampage 3 gene. it's an old motherboard but is perfect for the budget build and the needs he has. so the problem is that i bought this board from china and it works great. im actually using it right now. but the problem is that the bios has a password. when i hit del to enter the bios while booting i just get an enter password screen....
For this, you MUST ask the seller or manufacturer.

Tom's Hardware does not and cannot assist with circumventing passwords. Period.

Closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts