Question Clevo P170hm, Black screen after windows loading screen

Jul 1, 2019
Hey everyone I am new here. I heard alot about this community. I need little help from you all.
My 2012 model Clevo P170hm's screen turns black after windows 10 loading screen.
It has i7 processor dont remember the model of it.
I have a video of it happening I can upload it to YouTube and share the link here if you guys need it. Also what other specifications do you guy need of my laptop.Main Bios screen

Do you have a monitor you can hook it up to? It looks like it should have a DI output on the back. We can test it to see if it outputs that way. It looks like a much older i7, 2000 series most likely, with a discrete GPU. Its possible the drivers are messed up or the display is stuck in a resolution it can't handle.

The one possiblity that I can think of is the dGPU is faulty. If it works with the basic display driver but does not with the official driver it normally means there is an issue with the hardware, in my experience. Can you check the BIOS to see if you can disable the dGPU and force it to use the built in, if it has one of course, GPU?

Jul 1, 2019
The one possiblity that I can think of is the dGPU is faulty. If it works with the basic display driver but does not with the official driver it normally means there is an issue with the hardware, in my experience. Can you check the BIOS to see if you can disable the dGPU and force it to use the built in, if it has one of course, GPU?
Sorry i just saw your reply. I do not think laptop has a built in GPU. what you do you recommend, should i look for a gpu on ebay?

Jul 1, 2019
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...2760qm-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-50-ghz.html

Per Intel the CPU does have a iGPU. That does not mean that the manufacture didn't disable it but you might be able to use it if you check the BIOS to see if there is an option to force it to use the Intel GPU.
In my Bios advance option I don't have any sub option for on board graphics. I went through all the options in bios I cannot find any that relates to on board graphics. Do I need to upgrade my bios ?

If its not there it wont be added. Most likely they never added the hardware for the iGPU and just put in the dGPU.

You could look for one on Ebay although might be hard to find or might be too much. Hard to say it is worth it but if it is crashing with the official driver it feels like its a possible faulty GPU.

If you do purchase one make sure they have a decent return policy so if it still doesn't work you can return it.

Jul 1, 2019
If its not there it wont be added. Most likely they never added the hardware for the iGPU and just put in the dGPU.

You could look for one on Ebay although might be hard to find or might be too much. Hard to say it is worth it but if it is crashing with the official driver it feels like its a possible faulty GPU.

If you do purchase one make sure they have a decent return policy so if it still doesn't work you can return it.
Thanks for your help with this issue. dGPU for laptop are too expensive I will save some money and buy a new laptop.