Question Clicking noise

Mar 14, 2019
So the other morning my pc started to make a clicking noise. Very faint, most people would probably ignore it. However to me its quite annoying. It sounds like the noise mechanical hard drives used to make... click click click. I traced it back to one of the fans for the radiator. I have 6 fans on the radiator (3 bellow and 3 on top). Upon inspection i didn’t see anything interfering with the fan. It also seems to be rotating just fine. The curious thing is that it only becomes noticeable when i start playing games (demanding games). Once it start it takes a while to subside. Also if i tilt the whole tower it subsides same if i put pressure manually on the top grill.

Any advice ?

Mar 14, 2019
Probably the bearings went bad, they do get tear/usage.
Even a slightly bit off (we are talking less than 1/10 of milimeter) it can cause vibrations.

Its less than a year old bummer. Any recommendations about what can i do about it? The worse part is that due the set up the top fans are super hard to access. I can barely tell which cable belongs to which fan sinxe they are all bundled on the other aidenof the system.

Mar 14, 2019
I tried both tighter and looser, it doesn't seem affect it. Maybe im being ocd about it? Doesnt seem to be affecting anything else. Is kinda like if you start cooking something the noise that it makes at first when the oil start to heat up. Tick , click,tick , click. There is definitely nothing caught in the blade which is rotating fine. Could it be thr pump rather than the fan? I manually stopped the three that i can easily access and the noise sidnt stop. Placing my ear close to the other 2 tells me that the other 2 on top are fine. So its definitely either the third upper fan close to the pump or the pump. I’m leaning towards the bearing like you said.

Mar 14, 2019
Whats the worst it could happen if i remove the fan altogether? The bottom three are more expensive and work fine. Is only one of the top ones that is being funky. Is there any software that would allow me to turn it off without removing it?

Whats the worst it could happen if i remove the fan altogether? The bottom three are more expensive and work fine. Is only one of the top ones that is being funky. Is there any software that would allow me to turn it off without removing it?

Pull the power cable for it wherever it's connected.

I generally like mine set up to have either balanced flow in/out or more airflow out than in so heat doesn't build up in the case.

Mar 14, 2019
To remove the top fan im going to have to remove all three of them (top), as they hold the radiator to the top grill. I contacted the vendor and they will replace it but gotta send the old one first.

Is it ok to let the radiator rest on the motherboard while i remove the fans? Everything is so tightly paacked and fitted that when i unscrew the top grill the radiator hangs on the fan wires with no other support.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most AIO's are designed for single sided fans layout. Very few are designed with both sides populated, like the H80i etc. So running a single fan is no worries. The second set doesn't do all that much, you could run just the 3 and not see much difference in the way of temps.