[SOLVED] (Clint Eastwood voice) Air Bubbles in Cooler ?

Jan 26, 2021
Hey guys. Got a ML240R from cooler master. Don’t really have any complaints aside from this little zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sound. At first I thought it was the fact it’s all a right fit, and my two furthest left ram slots are right up on the fan. It was amazing I had it all fit with four sticks and it wasn’t pushing anything hard. Anyways, I know it’s an air bubble because when I tap the top of my computer, a quick little pop with one finger. It stops for about 7-10 mins. Is my ONLY option for a permanent fix to mount as I take? I have it mounted as top exhaust and the tubes come from the top right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Where does the zzzzz sound come from?
Put a paper tube to your ear to pinpoint the location.

Your setup looks ok to me.
There will always be some air in the cooling system; even from day one.
Over time, more air will leak in through the cooling tubes.
Normally this is not a problem for several years.
Any air that does exist will move to the highest point in the system.
In this case, to the top of the radiator and not in the pump where damage can occur.

By tilting the front down, you effectively moved air bubbles back and away from the inlet and outlet tubes. That was, I think, a good thing.

You might want to view these two videos on the subject. They are both correct so view them both in their entirety.

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to mention the make and model of the case that you're working with. You need to also include an image of the way you've assembled the innards in your chassis. Then comes the part about including a video of the issue you're facing. If you're sure that the issue is an air pocket, finding it's way into the pump chamber, then you will need to try and find another position in order to remount the radiator to the chassis.

You will also need to keep your seller and/or Coolermaster in the loop in case you will need to RMA the AIO. You might want to also lay down some paper towels to see if the cooler has sprung a leak...it happens. This is the only way I can assume you have an air pocket outside of QC issues or the radiator being mounted in an awkward manner.

Jan 26, 2021
Also I should state I didn’t want to do intake, because due to that tight fit, I would have to completely remove my front usb stuff. Like I’d have to remove the entire pcb. I totally intended to send this yesterday lol. But as far as case, that’s tricky. I bought my system as a custom prebuilt, and I’ve rebuilt the entire thing. The only thing that’s original IS the case. I can provide the mode number but I have tried numerous time to find specifics to no avail. It took me three months to find out how to remove my front panel. I’m positive there’s no leak and the air never makes it to the pump. It sits at the inlet/outlet end of the rad. Last night after posting this thread I actually found some makeshift materials and I made some offset risers for my pc. Basically it sits like a dragster Lmaoo. I’ve got a riser under all four case feet but the two back are slightly higher. I’ve run my pc all night and since I added the risers the sound has yet to return.

Where does the zzzzz sound come from?
Put a paper tube to your ear to pinpoint the location.

Your setup looks ok to me.
There will always be some air in the cooling system; even from day one.
Over time, more air will leak in through the cooling tubes.
Normally this is not a problem for several years.
Any air that does exist will move to the highest point in the system.
In this case, to the top of the radiator and not in the pump where damage can occur.

By tilting the front down, you effectively moved air bubbles back and away from the inlet and outlet tubes. That was, I think, a good thing.

You might want to view these two videos on the subject. They are both correct so view them both in their entirety.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbGomv195sk

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwA7ygTJn0

Solution