Question Clock offset and fancurve suggestions for laptop 1660ti

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I have a 1660ti and a 10750H that has liquid metal. Only the 10750H has liquid metal. I would like to know the best clock offset for the 1660ti and the best fancurve for my 10750H and my 1660ti.
The laptop is a G712LU.
Should I overclock this laptop?
What are the best clock offsets for this gpu?
What are the best fancurves for this cpu and gpu?

Fan curves very difficult to speculate about. I'd probably choose one of the offered defaults and see how it goes. If not satisfied, customize it until you are satisfied. Depends on a lot of individual factors....ambient temps, fan quality and speed; your level of obsession with temperatures, your tolerance for noise, etc.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
Fan curves very difficult to speculate about. I'd probably choose one of the offered defaults and see how it goes. If not satisfied, customize it until you are satisfied. Depends on a lot of individual factors....ambient temps, fan quality and speed; your level of obsession with temperatures, your tolerance for noise, etc.
My ambient temperature is around 23C with ac on. I can deal with any amount of noise because I wear headphones when I'm using the computer.

I'd just go with a default curve unless you have a specific reason not to.

Obviously, you can run all fans at 100% all the time if that eases your anxiety.

I don't know what load you are putting on the machine or what your temps have been or if you are concerned.

Laptops are notorious for high temps when under a significant load....80s and above. That's the nature of the beast and the compromise you have to accept in exchange for laptop portability.

Parroty69

Commendable
Oct 27, 2021
I'd just go with a default curve unless you have a specific reason not to.

Obviously, you can run all fans at 100% all the time if that eases your anxiety.

I don't know what load you are putting on the machine or what your temps have been or if you are concerned.

Laptops are notorious for high temps when under a significant load....80s and above. That's the nature of the beast and the compromise you have to accept in exchange for laptop portability.
I don't want to really run the fans at 100% all the time because I think it would damage the fans. I use the computer for video editing and rendering, I also do some AutoCAD and Inventor. The computer cpu heats up to 97C when I run Cinebench R23 even with liquid metal :/

I'd be much more concerned with temps when rendering and editing than Cinebench temps...unless you bought the machine so you could run Cinebench.

Laptops have their own maintenance issues that are different than desktops.

Not a lot you can do:

Reduce ambient temps.

Deliberately throttle the CPU (if possible) to reduce heat and accept reduced video editing and rendering performance.

Run the fan at full throttle and replace it if and when it fails.

Worry less.

Accept the weak points of laptops.

Maintain it as best you can.

Buy a cooling pad, which may not help much.

Get a desktop.

I assume you are stuck with that laptop for whatever reason.

If your hardware is in good working order, you don't have a lot of options.

Take your pick from the above options.

Or do nothing at all. It's a tool to do tasks A, B, and C. If the tool breaks, you get another one and keep plugging away. Just as if it were a shovel.