Clock Speed not as fast as website says

Dec 26, 2018
I recently purchased a Acer Aspire 3 laptop with a Ryzen 5 2500u https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-aspire-3-15-6-amd-ryzen-5-laptop-1-tb-hdd-black-10180944-pdt.html. The base speed of this CPU is 2GHZ and caps at 2.7GHZ although the website clearly says that the CPU goes up to 3.6GHZ. I have tried to find a guide on how to increase the base CPU speed or overclock it, however it seems no-one has a guide on this. Although it is very cool so I I believe an overclock would be safe, however I am not a professional. I have tried the BIOS, AMD Radeon's settings, AMD OverDrive and AMD Ryzen Master, however none of them seems to have the setting or aren't compatible.

Is their anyway I can increase this clock speed?

Thanks!

Solution
Because laptops are much harder to keep cool, manufacturer are much more aggressive about clock rate on a laptop. AMD's specs for that chip is that it will boost to 3.6 GHz. The fact that it doesn't is testament the result of such aggressive heat management. Also, that chip is locked, so it can not be overclocked (fairly normal for laptops).
Because laptops are much harder to keep cool, manufacturer are much more aggressive about clock rate on a laptop. AMD's specs for that chip is that it will boost to 3.6 GHz. The fact that it doesn't is testament the result of such aggressive heat management. Also, that chip is locked, so it can not be overclocked (fairly normal for laptops).

Solution