Question Clone HDD SO partition to a SSD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Andrei97

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
I got a 300GB HDD with 2 partitions (respectively around 135GB and 140GB). The first partition cointains the Win 7 SO and a couple of programs, the second is just personal data. I wish to clone the first partition only (the one with the SO and the programs) to a 240GB SSD.

I made a couple of attempts using Clonezilla:

I created an image of the first partition (+ the "system reserved" 100MB partition that shows up as well, it is right to select that too, I guess?), but when I try to restore the image to the SSD drive it doesnt work: "sda2 missing or kernel too old" or something like that... Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to do that?

If it's not clear, of course I put the image of the partition into a 2nd HDD, and then tried to restore the image from there to the SSD.

Thanks for the help!

Andrei97

Prominent
Feb 14, 2019
Letters assigned, operation completed and now it shows up in the BIOS! But still same problems... Arrives here and nothing happens. Hopeless lol
3S6imRz.jpg