Question Cloned my HDD to SSD both have windows can i delete one to save space?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 9, 2019
I had my old 512gb hdd and i decided to not reinstall windows and clone it to an ssd now i connected both to my pc and they both ssd and hdd have windows.
also the ssd split in to 2 pieces C: D: disks which i dont mind. i would like one how do i do that too?

May 9, 2019
Which OS is this?

Whichever...do you have a USB install thing you can boot from?
You'd disconnect all drives except the HDD, boot from your install USB, start the process.
When it asks Where, select Custom.
There, you'll see all existing partitions.
Select each, DELETE.
its win 10 and i dont have anything to boot from

Something seems off with those disks, what did you use to clone the drives and what options did you select? Did you do a full disk clone or select the partitions individually? Because the two disks don't match. The correct way to cone is do a full disk clone, then remove the old disk and plug in your new boot drive to the lowest SATA port in the system so it's Disk 0. While not really "needed" for the system to run properly, having the boot drive as Disk 0 is the cleanest way. Then don't plug in the second drive at all, see if system boots. If it does, then that second drive can be wiped and used for storage.

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys, I'm facing the same situation like the person who started this forum, however, this time my pc wont boot from the SSD when i plugged off the HDD where I have the same windows (same product key) in Both SSD and HDD. What should i do? I actually removed product key in the HDD in my old pc, and put in the product key in the windows on my SSD on my new computer. And then i take the HDD and put it on my new computer.

USAFRet

Titan
Hi guys, I'm facing the same situation like the person who started this forum, however, this time my pc wont boot from the SSD when i plugged off the HDD where I have the same windows (same product key) in Both SSD and HDD. What should i do? I actually removed product key in the HDD in my old pc, and put in the product key in the windows on my SSD on my new computer. And then i take the HDD and put it on my new computer.
Please start a new thread for your particular situation.
Be as detailed as possible.

Thanks.