[SOLVED] Cloned SSD, can't change Boot Priority

Dec 31, 2018
Hello,
I've recently cloned my OS from the HDD to my SSD. I've since wiped my HDD.
When it comes to booting up my PC, I have to go in to Bios and open the Boot Menu to run my PC from the SSD else I'll just get BSOD.
My HDD is the only thing that shows in the Boot Priority and I don't know how to get my SSD on the list so I can set it as priority.

Does anyone know the fix?
I'm using an ASUS Motherboard.

Solution
Somehow I fixed it. I disabled the OSM, then re-enabled it. And by magic, it worked. Good luck to anybody else suffering from this issue, it's a weird one.

I recommend to clean install your OS, don't clone. As easier as it is, it can cause annoying issues.

USAFRet

Titan

Absolutely bad move.
You never wipe the old drive until you are absolutely sure it works from the new drive all by itself.

Possibly go into msconfig and see what you can do there.

Dec 31, 2018

Gathered that now, although the SSD works completely fine on it's own. It's just BIOS not detecting it on the Priority List, meaning I have to put up from Boot Menu everytime.

If you think playing with something in msconfig could help, would you be able to tell me what? Thank you! :)

Dec 31, 2018
Somehow I fixed it. I disabled the OSM, then re-enabled it. And by magic, it worked. Good luck to anybody else suffering from this issue, it's a weird one.

I recommend to clean install your OS, don't clone. As easier as it is, it can cause annoying issues.

Solution