Cloned SSD Stuck on Black Screen

KRGaming

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
To start off, I have seen all the threads regarding this. The only option I have left is to clean install windows on my new SSD.

PC Components:
Mobo: Asus H91M-E CSM
SSD: PNY 240GB - CS900
HDD: WD 1000GB Blue

I followed this step by step (expect disconnecting my HDD for my first boot):
"Assuming the original HDD still as original, redo your cloning operation.

Like this:
Specific steps for a successful clone operation:
-----------------------------
Verify the actual used space on the current drive is significantly below the size of the new SSD
Download and install Macrium Reflect (or Samsung Data Migration, if a Samsung SSD)
Power off
Disconnect ALL drives except the current C and the new SSD
Power up
Run the Macrium Reflect (or Samsung Data Migration)
Select ALL the partitions on the existing C drive
Click the 'Clone' button
Wait until it is done
When it finishes, power off
Disconnect ALL drives except for the new SSD
This is to allow the system to try to boot from ONLY the SSD
Swap the SATA cables around so that the new drive is connected to the same SATA port as the old drive
Power up, and verify the BIOS boot order
If good, continue the power up

It should boot from the new drive, just like the old drive.
Maybe reboot a time or two, just to make sure.

If it works, and it should, all is good.

Later, reconnect the old drive and wipe as necessary.
Delete the 450MB Recovery Partition, here:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-...
-----------------------------"

My computer was only booting from my HDD and when I disconnected it the SSD would be stuck on the bios. Now I realized I should have disconnected my HDD on the first boot with my SSD. that's why I deleted everything on my SSD and re-cloned it all back and disconnected the HDD this time. Now it looked all good until the black screen appeared and it sat there. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to clean install windows (because I think that means I have to re-download applications like, discord, google chrome, and everything I had previous right?)

Please help me. I also tried this to fix the black screen (https://community.norton.com/en/forums/black-screen-after-clone-fix)
Doesn't work :(

" Now it looked all good until the black screen appeared and it sat there. "

At what point exactly does the black screen appear ? Is the drive operating, or booting , or what ? Is the monitor dead or powered off or flickering ?

KRGaming

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016

Well it was right after showing the windows sign. And I was able to move my mouse. No the monitor not dead or flickering. Please add a reply to my next message saying "Above is the answer" or something and I will select it as the answer.

KRGaming

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Luckily, guys I was able to solve the problem my self. Today I saw the partitions on my SSD being a bit smaller than the HDD (even though it was cloned). Even though this was on every partition (total of 3; recovery, system, and actual), I thought I should delete the system partition and re-clone it from the HDD. Since this was what was giving me black screens anyway. When I did that and decided to reboot (I plugged out my HDD after shutting down and before rebooting), I encountered another darn problem. It showed what this kid has over here (https://youtu.be/6-t4PA1i16Y), I found this video after seeing the screen he has. I had the same problem of when I did enter or f8 it didn't work, instead flickered. Now luckily I made a backup file or something off of macrium (of my HDD) before doing any cloning. I turned off my PC again like it mentioned in the video and he said to plug in a windows restore USB or CD, but the USB I plugged in had that windows file that he was talking about and my macrium file. So when he said to re-boot and first go into bios and setup the inital drive as the USB it had an option for USB or that windows thing im pretty sure. But I chose the USB which took me to the macrium plug in which asked me about my SSD like to select it and walah, the pc booted up and I was like that speed has to be the SSD in play. I am so happy guys. I hate having PC problems. I legit stop eating for hours until I fix the problem. But here I thought I should wait for any responses on the forum. NP though, I hope this helps someone! This is how my boot protiy looks now, even though SSD is shown twice I boot off of that name. https://imgur.com/a/4NUORgL

Showing the disk twice is not a problem. The boot drive is the only bootable one because it has the (UEFI) WBM designation. The drive is listed a second time because CSM is engaged and boot devices are subject to UEFI and Legacy.