Question cloneing external Hdd's

timbo64

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
Hey there,I have a Toshiba 1tb external hdd I use with my Nvidia Shield for storage.I would like to clone all the data to a Seagate 2tb external hdd.I have no idea how to do this.do I need software? I'm running a dell desktop XPS 8700 win 8.1 64bit.Any idea's? thank you

USAFRet

Titan
Hey there,I have a Toshiba 1tb external hdd I use with my Nvidia Shield for storage.I would like to clone all the data to a Seagate 2tb external hdd.I have no idea how to do this.do I need software? I'm running a dell desktop XPS 8700 win 8.1 64bit.Any idea's? thank you
Macrium Reflect will do this easily.
The Free version is just fine.

What is on this drive?

timbo64

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
just thought it would be simpler,I talked to Nvidia and they said the Hdd (old) my have to be reformatted.the new one doesn't matter as the Nvidia shield will automatically reformat new Hdd. If u don't know the Nvidia shield is a media player that you can stream tv from.it has an inter storeage of 12gb.So that why I have the 1 tb ext Hdd plugged in(Icould have used a flash drive or sd card but I had the Hdd lying around)NEW NEWS I was able to move ALL the data from the HDD to the Shield storeage so I should be able to just plug in the new Hdd and set the settings to accept the drive