Question Cloning HDD to SSD Issue - Laptop Acer E 15

Sep 4, 2021
Hi

I got M.2 SSD 1TB and I installed it in my laptop. i looged in and formatted it and was able to see it in disk managament as well as file explored on my Windows 10 machine. I cloned my HDD to SSd via Macrium Reflect Free Edition. i was able to see this in disk management as well although it does not look exactly the same as HDD. I changed the order of boot to SDD (Windows Boot Manager was originally first so I left it first and SSD second) but it would go into error and show me blue sreen with various Adnaced Options (startup Repair, startup settigns, command prompt etc) and none of these helped so I forced shutdown with button and removed SSD and laptop booted normaly after I put HDD bot option to second place (Windows Boot Manager was first). After I determined that everything works I shut it down and installed SSD and booted again which worked fine. I reformated my SSD and cloned again. I shutdown laptop and took out HDD and turned laptopn on and went into BIOS and put SSD to second and computer went into BSOD (cant find boot option). I shut it down and put HDD back on and computer boots fine while SSD is still there. Since boot is slow I am sure it is booting from HDD which i confimred from system information. Does Windows Boot Manager holds pointer to HDD somewhere

From thse images you can see what disks look like and what my BIOS boot looks like. If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

Related images

Thanhks

Sep 4, 2021
I think windows boot manager on disk 0 has all boot information in EFI partition and since disk 1 was clone of of it now disk 1 EFI partition has same information.

Executing bcdboot C:\windows /s D: /f UEFI

Now i removed my HDD and was able to boot from SSD.

TRENDING THREADS