Closed Loop liquid but only two fan headers on mobo?

Jul 23, 2018
My first attempt at some form of liquid cooling so I chose a basic closed loop CPU cooler. Now the issue I have is a basic one but Google etc seems to be failing me for an answer.

Using a Gigabyte H310M H motherboard, which only has CPU_FAN & SYS_FAN headers (i.e. just two headers). Fitting a GameMax Iceberg CPU liquid cooling loop.

Question is: Can I use a splitter on the SYS_FAN header to power both the loop CPU pump and the fan on the radiator or do I have to split them between both?

If I have to use both, where can I attach any case fans? Ideally I want two 120mm exhausts running as well.

Apprecate any help

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you. So...

- CPU pump connector directly into a 12v molex via adaptor to run constantly

- Radiator fan to run from the CPU_FAN header ... direct connection ok as the unit has normal header connection points already?

I need a splitter anyway so thanks for the link as I currently have no dedicated exhaust fans connected due to only having the two fan related headers on the mobo.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah I assumed you would want to run multiple fans speed based on the CPU temp, which is what the second link allows you to do.

Jul 23, 2018
Thank you, I think I understand now. I just need to get the connectors ASAP. Pity my local stockest doesn't seem to have any (CCL). I'll scare you now to say the system was running all yesterday with pump connected to CPU_FAN and radiator fan plugged into the SYS_FAN connection *wince*

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

At the moment, if you connect the pump to SYS_FAN (then set this to 100% in the bios so it supplys full 12v, then one of the radiator fans to CPU_FAN, you should be ok to use it for now, but with higher temps than 2 fans.