[SOLVED] Cloud file server - unacceptable high latency

First : This cases is about a workstation at a company that contains many workstations and users. I have assigned a workstation where I have local admin privilegies.
But I do not have any access or responsibility for the company data network, nor do I have any control or access to the companys AD.
Therefore, I'm very limited in how much troubleshooting I can conduct on my own (only on that particular workstation)

There is mainly two storage options, exept from local disks:
  • The cloud server. It is being hosted by an external company. Every workstations at the company is set up so that there is a volume letter that points to this cloud file server.
  • There is a Qnap server on the intranet of the company.
Problem description

Ridiculous high latency on every file operations. Say a file search (only names, not contents) in a reasonable populated project folder may take a whole day, expected search time would be in the range of minutes.

Speed of copying large files isn't notably affected. But for small files, the latency is even worse compared to old 3.5' diskettes.

The scope of the problem is only related to file operations on the cloud file server AND that specific work station. That is - other workstations in the company is not affected (latency is acceptable). Also any file operations on local disks or to the Qnap server are not affected.

No other workstatins on the same network seems to be affected by the problem (latency is acceptable). This is true also when I log into other workstations with my own user.

I have being discussing the problem with the company that own the file server. They've tried to log the traffic, but have not get to any conclusion why the latency is so high at that particular workstation.
They have suggested to reinstall W10 on the workstation, but there is not guaranteed that will solve the problem. Also - i'm hessitated to reinstall W10 in work hours (always busy with other more important stuff).

The problem seems to have arrived late in 2018, maybe due to a W10 upgrade (speculative, I don't know if this is relevant). Before that (sadly I didn't take notice of date) the latency was within acceptable levels.

It boils down to
This all seems to points to one common denominator - the workstation itself. Have anyone experienced similar problems, and potentionally have any solution ?

Solution
UPDATE

A windows update that was installed some 3-4 weeks ago seems to make the problem go away. Now, the computer I use does perform similar as other computers toward the file server. Problem solved.