Club 3D HD 7870

fergy007

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hi All

I have managed to find a HD 7870 for a great price but .... it is a "Club 3D" brand, until tonight I had never heard of them and after a little research I found that they used to be known as "Colour Power" a brand I believe I have heard of before but not for good reasons.

Dose anyone have any previous experience with them or any opinions on their products (mainly graphics cards).
All input is appreciated :).

Thanks,

Ashley

you would not find many people having experience of club 3d as it is a small pvt company and still has a long way to go.
are you getting that club 3d hd 7870 ghz edition or the xt joker?
before getting the card take into account the following:
customer support
warranty

fergy007

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hi

I was looking at the Royal King edition (1050Ghz).
Yeh it dose worry me that their warranty section of their website basicly says that they dont want anything to do with the the user :-/.

Thats really interesting to say they are such a small brand :).

Thanks

fergy007

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
I have looked into it a little more and it seems the cooler on it is totally insufficient =/.
I have a CM 750W so i will be fine :), thanks anyway :).

3dfxmadscientist

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

My Name Is Jackson Nixon I am CTO of New X Drive Tech Inc. And The New 3dfx Interactive Inc. We will be Bringing Club 3D to the US Market along with the Launch of our First Voodoo Graphics Card. I know for a fact that Club 3D's latest 4 AMD Cards are of Great Design Quality and that the Cooling system is plenty for them. We have Developed a Partnership with Club 3D and as you can read in all the reviews they are mind blowing. Beginning Febuary 1st Voodoo Graphics will launch and we will also be running Club 3D North America. Now that the cat is Out of the bag We will be putting up the 3dfx websites. www.3dfxcity.com www.3dfxpc.com

fergy007

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2011
Hi Jackson

I did not mean to cause offence by my comment i have just simply read a review of your HD 7870 card and it was said that the cooling system was insufficient. Maybe they are wrong but from what i know about the cooler, single fan and only two heat pipes, it dose seem a bit cut down from your larger duel fan systems. for the price point i have seen it at you cant really complain though. I do know you have done great things with the HD 7870 Joker and the HD 7950 so good going with them :).

Thanks,
Ashley

3dfxmadscientist

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

3dfxmadscientist

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Ashley
We do want to thank you yes it has been said the one fan was lacking But in all the testing and all of our sales we have not had any problems with warranty or issues But we have found some good thinks out about the 7876 XT Joker card by adding the 3dfx Voodoo Cool System to it the Joker can be overclocked on a linux system to 1425 mhz. And I would like to make a offer we are about 30 to 45 days from the new Voodoo ONE card I would take it as a honor if you would allow us to send you one and you do the first test for us.