[SOLVED] CM Hyper 212x lost backplate - Do I need it for AM4 installation?

Yrors_

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
Hi,
This is probably a fairly dumb question but I have ordered a b550 mobo (Asus B550-a) and 5600x after my previous mobo failed. They are still in shipping but, in my stupidity, I accidentally threw away the backplate for my cooler when discarding my old mobo...

So in this video (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0LUq1mjVo&t=0s
), the installation shows that the backplate is not required and implies that one is already installed with AM4 mobos (im not sure my last build was intel-based). However more recent videos of people building it show them installing a third-party backplate.

So do I need to buy a replacement backplate or will my motherboard come with a suitable alternative?

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
AM4 motherboards should come with a 'stock' back plate. In the video he uses the AM4 standoffs in the stock backplate so I'd imagine the stock backplate that comes with the mobo you're getting should work, assuming you got the AM4 standoffs for your cooler.

Furzumz

Reputable
AM4 motherboards should come with a 'stock' back plate. In the video he uses the AM4 standoffs in the stock backplate so I'd imagine the stock backplate that comes with the mobo you're getting should work, assuming you got the AM4 standoffs for your cooler.

Solution