CM MASTERBOX LITE 5 RGB - FRONT RGB FANS to MOBO

korymex

Prominent
Oct 17, 2017
Hi, i cant connect rgb fans in the front to motherboard. Ive got 1 to 3 splitter cable and my MOBO is MSI B350M Gaming Pro. I want to connect it into JLED1 but the cable doesnt fit in. Both are 4 pins so i dont know why i cant plug it all the way in although im applying pressure on the motherboard. Any tips?
Case : Masterbox Lite 5 RGB
And can you please explain me how to connect RGB Fans to make them work? I have 3 4-pins cables with a sharp golden pins and i dont know where to connect them. How can the 1 to 3 splitter cable help?

Yes, make sure the "Key" is aligned. It can't go on both ways. It only goes on one way and if the key on the socket and connector do not line up, it will not fit correctly plus you could fry something. If the keys do not align, then you are trying to connect it someplace that it is not supposed to be connected to.

The Jled connectors are ONLY for lighting, not for fans. Make sure you are not trying to connect the actual fan power connectors to the LED connectors.

Most likely those included fans on your Masterbox case do NOT have RGB capable LED lighting. Usually, those are one color only LED lighting that is not customizable. Likely, you simply need to connect your fans to the SYS_FAN headers on the motherboard and leave the JLED connectors alone until or unless you get controllable RGB fans that DO have the capability of Aura control via the motherboard controller.