CM Storm Stryker intake and exhaust fan

Andy Reynolds

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
I plan to buy this case for air cooling,but I got confuse with setup of fans for best air flowing. I have a Corsair H55 quiet edition CPU cooler which I gonna put it on my new case.

Positive Air Pressure or Negative Air Pressure is fit in this case?Which has better performance for air cooling? This PC is used for fps gaming.

How you guys think about this setup?
2x120mm(Come from the case)+1x140mm(Come from the case)on the front (intake)
2x120mm(Corsair Air Series SP120 High P)on the bottom(intake)
2x120mm(Corsair Air Series SP120 High P)combined with H55 radiatoron the rear(exhaust)
1x200mm(Come from the case)on the top(exhaust)
Lastly,is the case come with enough cable for all my fan?Will I need any more cable to build it?

PS:My PC equipment:
EVGA 770 4gb SC with ACX Cooler
AMD 8350 4ghz with H55 CPU cooler
2x8gb+2x4gb Vengeance Corsair
I am looking for a New Power supply too, any recommend?

This is my first time to build a pc, any help will be appreciated.

Both.

Positive Internal Air Pressure.

You can't mount a 140mm fan in front. There is also no space for 3 fans in the front. The setup is also terrible in terms of efficient airflow. The bottom fans pump more air in, but they also cause more air turbulence within the case. I would remove both bottom fans.

The fans that you buy should come with the power cable and possibly passthrough splitter to power additional fans. If not, you may want to buy a fan splitter.

I don't recommend a 2x8GB + 2x4GB RAM setup. As for the PSU, I recommend a XFX 650W Semi-Modular power supply. The semi-modular cables will help with cable management because the Stryker does not have too much space in the back for cables to be stacked. You will still want to use zipties to hold cables in place on the back so that you can close the side panel without much issues.

Andy Reynolds

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014
The case come with 2x120mm fan on the front, 1x140mm fan on the rear,1x200mm fan on the top,I should remove 140mm on the rear and then put my h55 radiator? how about the fan on the front? Can I add a 120mm fan on the top which become 3x120mm fan on the front?

RAM setup should be equal GB?

As I already stated, there is NO space for 3 fans in front, that includes an additional 120mm. There is only space for about half of a 120mm.

You don't have to have RAM modules all be the same capacity, but the two different kits may be an issue. Plug it in and find out. But 2x8GB is not sufficient?

Andy Reynolds

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

the front of the case fit 3x120mm fan/2x120mm+1x140mm as I watch this video[youtube link]
Setup:
1x200mm fan (top)
2x120mm fan with H55 radiator(rear)
1x140mm fan (front)
2x120mm fan (front)
Is the setup terrible?

Right but as the YouTuber said, it's not mounted. It's just thrown in there, so I can't recommend doing that.

Also, know that while you can do that, you will sacrifice the optical drive. As in no CD/DVD/BluRay drive. That's no a big deal if you don't use optical drive. It's consider pretty optional nowadays. Still, without able to mount it, you'll want to run it at low speeds or the vibrations will cause a lot of noise pollution.

And no, that setup is not terrible.

Andy Reynolds

Reputable
Jun 20, 2014

Thx for your answer, I would get the case first. how you think the Corsair AX 760 PSU?