Question CMK16Gx4m2b3000c15 RAM in Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 doesn't go above 2133Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaoslaw

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
I have upgraded my system and now it consists of:
CPU: Ryzen 2700x (stock cooler)
MB: Asrock B450 Fatal1ty Gaming K4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance CMK16Gx4m2b3000c15 (2x8GB 3000Mhz C15)
GPU: Palit Jetstream 1060 GTX 6GB
PSU: FSB AU-700W

The problem is that whatever I do , the memory stays at 2133Mhz. I am afraid to mess with the timings, without proper guidance, for now.
What I have done so far:
-Updated the latest AMD drivers and MB drivers (as of 13-4-19)
-Enabled XMP Profile in BIOS
-Tried both 2933 and 3000Mhz
-Tried everything on auto

Still in task manager RAM is listed as 2133Mhz.

How is this fixed?

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Depending on where the issue with RAM is, there are 2x different fixes to try:
1) Update your MoBo BIOS to the latest one.
Issue with Ryzen CPUs is that without latest BIOS, it's 50:50 chance to get RAM working faster than the AMD standard specifies it to be (max 2667 Mhz). You'll find the latest BIOS on MoBo webpage,
link: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4/index.asp#BIOS

Though, do note that if the BIOS update should be interrupted for whatever reason (e.g power loss), your MoBo will be bricked. Due to that, BIOS update is last resort and only viable when you've tried everything else.

2) Your MoBo Utility software interferes with the BIOS settings.
I've had the very same issue where once i installed MSI Command Center (since i have MSI MoBo), the MSI Command Center overwrited my changes in BIOS. Sure, in BIOS i set my RAM to 3000 Mhz and it was at 3000 Mhz when i was in BIOS. But once i saved and booted to OS, MSI Command Center overwrited my BIOS settings and set my RAM to run at 2133 Mhz. No matter how i tried within MSI Command Center, i couldn't set my RAM back to 3000 Mhz since MSI Command Center failed to detect my RAM. Only fix for me was to completely uninstall the MSI Command Center, so that my BIOS settings will stick even when in OS.

Due that and several other reasons, i don't suggest installing MoBo Utility software. While it does look fancy and makes CPU OC and PC monitoring convenient, it also causes troubles. Best place for any kind of OC is still directly within BIOS. (Enabling RAM XMP is also considered as RAM OC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.