[SOLVED] CMOS battery direction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2024
Hi, i want to be sure if there is any consequences of putting the cmos battery back in place in a different direction.

For instance: Originally the cmos battery was facing towards/front, when i removed it and placed it back, i placed it a little to the left (In directions).

I had to do a cmos battery reset for the purpose of fixing my monitor no vga signal which it did but i fear that the way of direction that i placed the cmos battery a little to the left instead of completely originally, might cause trouble, personally I don't think there will be a problem but it is better to be safe than sorry. I hope this is understandable

Also, when taking out the CMOS battery, how long should you wait? Because when i first booted, it said Cmos fail and then click f2 to load default bios config but i didn't have time to click it, but it still booted into windows and its fully operational for now.

Thanks

Jan 1, 2024
As long as a coin-shaped CMOS battery is the right way up (usually with the + sign facing up) it's rotational position does not matter.
Sorry for the late response, but i appreciate your message and made me comfortable now.

I also have 1 more question.
- I have 2 RAM slots in my motherboard, 2 years ago I have burned 1 of my RAM slots by putting a ram backwards and it burned it self while the other one didn't, this forced me to buy a 8gb RAM instead of an entire new motherboard because duh they aren't bought with stones.
After 2 years, It has stayed but I wonder if I could try use the burned RAM slot with any hope that it has fixed it self? I think of this because it has been 2 years since it was burned, curiosity hits.

Thanks

I wouldn't advise you to use a burned RAM slot. Any damage it incurred when it got burned will still be there, RAM slots do not "heal" themselves. Trying to use it would most likely cause system instability and crashes,and possibly loss of data.

If you want a second opinion, please start a new thread.

Jan 1, 2024
I wouldn't advise you to use a burned RAM slot. Any damage it incurred when it got burned will still be there, RAM slots do not "heal" themselves. Trying to use it would most likely cause system instability and crashes,and possibly loss of data.

If you want a second opinion, please start a new thread.
That is all i had to ask. Thanks for the information you have given me this thread, you are truly smart, thanks.
Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.