CMOS Checksum error on GA-7VT600 1394

Right out of the box, I booted the machine, and it said there was a
problem detecting everything and the BIOS was resetting to its
defaults. I made sure everything was set to 'auto' and reset the
system. From then on I get 'cmos checksum error' and the system hangs
at POST. I flashed the BIOS with the latest version, and it appeared
to have worked - still get cmos checksum error after at boot. Every
now and then, it will get through the POST but hand at Verifying DMI
pool data.
Also, it says there is no 80 pin cable installed in IDE 2, when in
fact there is, and the CD-ROM is on it and detected.

I am using an Athlon 3000+ with two 512Meg sticks of DDR400. I also
have an MSI nvidia 5800Geforce AGP card. I put PCs together for a
living, and this one has me stumped. I already received an RMA number
from Newegg just in case I can't get it fixed.

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

I have this board and it works fine. Did you read the very first page of
your manual? It says it will not work with agp video card that has the 3.3
volt notch or jumper set at 3.3 volt.

Billy