Question CMOS Checksum Invalid after battery removed

Jul 1, 2021
Hello,
I am using a HP Omen 15-dc00xxx (Intel i7 8th gen, 16 GB RAM, 6 GB Graphics, GTX 1060). I had recently replaced the battery in my laptop but decided to remove the battery and use my laptop as a desktop plugged in all the time (since I don't travel at all) I was worried for the battery since I play games all day.
But if I do that, the laptop throws an error "CMOS checksum invalid" every time I power on.
What do I do?

Oct 24, 2021
see this video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi9kXaL24mY

if your laptop doesnt have CMOS battery, your DC battery acts as one, to fix it, u will have to put battery back in

hey there, I am facing same issue I have hp omen 17 an008ca I removed the battery as it was not giving appropriate backup so just removed it just for the idea that i am gona use laptop direct on AC like desktop so now when I power on the laptop its shows bios 502 checksum error just couldnt remember the whole error and in the last it shows press enter to restart the laptop just after hitting enter than it boots properly so are you sure the battery act as cmos battery as well?? TIA