[SOLVED] CMOS error leads to no audio input from jack

Aug 12, 2021
So I thought it'd be a great idea to run my laptop without the battery, since it acts mainly just as a desktop and never really leaves where it's at. Took out the battery, fairly certain I didn't damage internal components, and booted it up. I was met with the whole CMOS invalid 502 screen, but I didn't really pay attention to it and continued. Just because I'd never seen it before, I turned it back off and put the battery back in. Showed the 502 again. Computer booted relatively normally, if not slightly slower than usual. However, I noticed that now I get absolutely no audio input through my jack? Output works just fine, but no input from my mic. The jack is one of the 2 in 1s, and it was working just fine before, on the same headset. I've tried multiple headsets, no input from them either. My built in mic works as well. I've checked all of my settings to make sure that I have the right input and output devices, but to no avail. It now says that there is some digital jack that my input is connecting to....? idk what to do anymore

Solution
what battery did you remove?

the cmos battery isn't the one to remove, pc doesn't run off it, its just there to store BIOS values.
cmos battery is a small circular one in most cases, the laptop battery is going to be way larger?

if you are still getting that error and you didn't remove cmos battery, you might just need a new cmos battery to fix error.

what model laptop is this?

can you show screen shots of the errors or messages about the input? Upload to an image sharing website and show a link here

Colif

Win 11 Master
what battery did you remove?

the cmos battery isn't the one to remove, pc doesn't run off it, its just there to store BIOS values.
cmos battery is a small circular one in most cases, the laptop battery is going to be way larger?

if you are still getting that error and you didn't remove cmos battery, you might just need a new cmos battery to fix error.

what model laptop is this?

can you show screen shots of the errors or messages about the input? Upload to an image sharing website and show a link here

Solution